Here’s the main tip. Use Markdown for any text markup you want to see in your posts. I’ve disabled the visual editor for the site.
Markdown is a text-to-HTML conversion tool for web writers. Markdown allows you to write using an easy-to-read, easy-to-write plain text format, then convert it to structurally valid XHTML (or HTML).
Please go to the Markdown link and see what your simple choices are for creating more structured posts.
The quick simple instructions are as follows.
- To bold something, surround it with double asterisks, eg.
- To italicize something, surround it with underscores, eg.
- To make something bold and italic, use both, eg.
**_bold and italic_**
- An unordered list is made by starting the line with an asterisk and space then the item.
* item 1
* item 2
* item 3
- An ordered list is simply made by using numbers and periods instead of asterisks.
1. item 1
2. item 2
3. item 3
There’s plenty more you can do like inserting links and such, but you really should take a look at the Markdown Basics. Now go crazy.